What's up

Scout
troggs

What's up

Post by troggs »

It's been a while....
... and looks like it was all quiet - 6 months - no new posts here :)
How is life going? Any cool new games on the horizon?

Troggs
Scout
Bloodletter

Same Ole

Post by Bloodletter »

Same ole Same Ole here.

I have been playing Eve-Online ever since, but it is a really slow game and a bit to "Old" to start in now. So many peeps are so move advanced, makes it a bit hard to be completly competative.

I am hoping to play Star Trek Online, but who knows when that will come out.

I have also been playing Left 4 Dead, it is a fun shooter and you can play it 20 minutes at a time if you want, so no major time commitment.

Otherwise, it is all good.
Scout
troggs

Re: Same Ole

Post by troggs »

Eve online wasn't for me - at least after playing for more than a month, it didn't grab me.
Aion didn't look too promising as well, so I guess for a time being there is nothing to play.
Lets hope next year there will be better mmos, otherwise boredom will make people get back to WoW :twisted:
Bloodletter wrote:Same ole Same Ole here.

I have been playing Eve-Online ever since, but it is a really slow game and a bit to "Old" to start in now. So many peeps are so move advanced, makes it a bit hard to be completly competative.

I am hoping to play Star Trek Online, but who knows when that will come out.

I have also been playing Left 4 Dead, it is a fun shooter and you can play it 20 minutes at a time if you want, so no major time commitment.

Otherwise, it is all good.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

I was playing arctic on and off until a few months ago...

They made a mega cluster in DAoC, 3k population on prime time which was tempting but I haven't played.

I've been mostly busy moving to a new house over the summer and then upgrading/renovating a bit so that's taken most of my time.

I did build a new PC recently :twisted: and testing Windows 7 along with an Intel 34nm SSD. Will need to try some games on it..
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Hey Raf, - Good to hear from you.

Kinda sucks - I think I am starting to get to old for MMOs. I am denying it and defying it as every opportunity, but there is just no going back to the good ole days of DH and DAoC.

OK - now I am bumming myself out.
Padon

DAOC and DH

Post by Padon »

Hey guys. I have been looking for a way to contact you guys for a while now and am glad I found this. I wanted to let you all know that I started my DAOC account again and still had a toon in DH and it was promoted to gc. If you guys decide to try the game again I will be more that happy to give it back. It is currently inactive, but I did move it to the new server cluster.

How have you guys been?

Padon
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Good to hear from you Padon.

What cluster did you move it to?
Are you actually playing or just stopped to see what is happening?

I have been doing well, but miss ye ole days.

I was talking to Firepanther, Drudery, Lilmuss and Tuan (Can't remember his toon name), and it was funny. I was watching some home movies (recently converted from 8mm to dvd) and noticed that I don't recall most of what is on there. Birthdays sure, I remember them happening, but I don't remember the details. Funny part is, I can vividly remember the defense of Beno by 10 vs. Hib Hordes, Battler with 8 toons, Chaos Shield Deja Vu and Danos with 3.

Go Figure.....
Scout
troggs

i can't believe i am saying this ...

Post by troggs »

... but out of sheer boredom, I tried to reactivate my old WoW account.
As it wasn't used since 2004, it turns out that no characters survived, I guess fortunately.
So for a time being (I can't imagine it would last long), I can enjoy nostalgia of being a newbie druid on a lame PVE server :)
Padon

Post by Padon »

There is only one cluster now, but the guild is on Ywaine7. I am playing every day again and enjoying it. With there being around 3000 on the RVR is full of action again. There has been some major changes in the game that makes the level grinding very easy. You can now buy all ML's and Arties with bounty points. If you just want to RVR is simple.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Hey Padon, glad you found the site! If you see anyone else from DH let them know they can come here also.

I am not playing any games right now. But I do miss the DH groups both RvR and PvE.

Rich, you should let the pent up lust for MMO's.. You'll feel better and register for the Star Trek Online beta : http://www.startrekonline.com/
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart