Welp - I am committed now

Scout
Bloodletter

Welp - I am committed now

Post by Bloodletter »

I purchased Star Trek Online via Steam tonight....

So I guess I will give it a whirl next week.....
Scout
troggs

Re: Welp - I am committed now

Post by troggs »

Bloodletter wrote:I purchased Star Trek Online via Steam tonight....

So I guess I will give it a whirl next week.....
So far from previews it didn't look inspiring to me - good that there will be somebody with first hand experience to tell us about it.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

From what I have read they are rushing it out because some parts are ready and fun but it's not going to be very polished overall.

Almost everything is instanced (even the PvP) you queue up just like warhammer and get transported when a scenario is ready or you go into neutral zone (like a lobby) and chat while you wait the scenario to begin (queue). Would have been nice if the neutral zone wasn't instanced.

Unlike EvE online you are actually a person in the game not the ship. But at launch you will not be able to be in a ship with multiple people, each player can only be in their own ship.

Apparently the ship to ship combat is quite good (strategic). I am just worried other then the common areas it's just going to be too much solo playing and not enough immersion like in EvE Online.
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

I don't have any hopes for this release.

I am just going to give it a shot and see how bad they screwed it up.

If looks like it is a collection of game components with little regard to the overall game experience.

I give any game that is Star Trek based a very very low chance of success IF you are allowed to play the Star Fleet aspect of the game. Star Fleet by it's very nature is boring and if you can play it, you are compelled to bastardize it.

But again, we shall see and I will report regularly once I get in to the Beta part of the game.