Guild Wars 2?

Scout
troggs

Guild Wars 2?

Post by troggs »

Anybody going to play GW2? I haven't tried any of their beta weekends, but it seems it may not be that bad.

Troggs.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

I hear very good things about it. I haven't played the first one though so I have no way to compare. I won't have time to play any multiplayer or mmo game until the new year I think. Let us know how you like it if you get a chance to try it.
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Raf wrote:I hear very good things about it.
Let's hope it is the case... After seeming endless stream of rather crappy MMO releases in the past few years there must be a bright spot eventually :)
Scout
Dagda

Re: Guild Wars 2?

Post by Dagda »

troggs wrote:Anybody going to play GW2? I haven't tried any of their beta weekends, but it seems it may not be that bad.

Troggs.
I would be game to try it out if only to play games with my old friends again.
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Well, I created a toon on Dragonbrand - guardian Shylo Vitari.
Didn't do much pvp yet, though I could - you auto-level to 80 in pvp zones and have all skills.
But I wanted to get better feel for combat in a more controlled way, so went to pve first.
I have to say in 'boss' fights (dynamic event for large number of people) melee classes are gimped as hell, ranged classes seem to be MUCH easier to play - at least my guardian was dead most of the time i tried to get any close :)

Also, just in case we ever get a guild running, I reserved a guild name 'Wild Runners', with a guild tag [Wild], while it was available - whoever from the clan feels like playing and leading the guild - let me know, I will assign the guild leader role to you.

Troggs.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

I'll come play with you Troggsbot!
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

I have made a few characters while I decide what I like:

Bozarth - Norn Thief

Brigitte Firehair - Sylvari Necromancer

Dagda Dman - Human Guardian

__

I think I'm liking the Guardian the best, but I die most often with it. Although the human starting area seems to ramp up in level faster than the others.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

Troggs - do we want to move servers while it is still free? I have a friend on Henge of Denravi if we want to up our numbers :P. If you don't get this here I'll touch base with you in game tonight.

For anyone reading this... it's a fun game, I haven't tried the PvP yet but loving the world and the system.
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Dagda wrote:Troggs - do we want to move servers while it is still free? I have a friend on Henge of Denravi if we want to up our numbers :P. If you don't get this here I'll touch base with you in game tonight.

For anyone reading this... it's a fun game, I haven't tried the PvP yet but loving the world and the system.
Let's move! I am all up for that - Dragonbrand sucks :(
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

Excellent. I'll do my move tonight. Henge of Denravi - my friend Chris is playing a level 21 engineer, not sure on character name at the moment.

And I just realized your character's name is from the Joe Abercrombie series, is it not? I think Shylo was one of my favorite 'non-main' characters. She's also in one of the recent sequels...
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Speaking of which, how do you switch servers?
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Dagda wrote: And I just realized your character's name is from the Joe Abercrombie series, is it not? I think Shylo was one of my favorite 'non-main' characters. She's also in one of the recent sequels...
Haha - of course! I also have Nicomo Cosca and Castor Morveer toons, which are level 1, just holding the names.
Logen Ninefingers, Caul Shivers and Monza Murcatto were already taken :(
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

troggs wrote:Speaking of which, how do you switch servers?
I think you just do it on the character select page, there is a world selection on the bottom left I think. I'll get more details when I get home from work, but it seemed pretty straightforward when I looked at it earlier. From what I understand moving servers is currently free but you can only move every 7 days. There is a 'guest' option to go into a world and play there first as well - not sure how that works.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

I'm sure Ferro is also taken, my second favorite character after Logan himself. I love those books, can't wait for Red Country to come out.
Scout
troggs

Post by troggs »

Dagda wrote:
troggs wrote:Speaking of which, how do you switch servers?
I think you just do it on the character select page, there is a world selection on the bottom left I think. I'll get more details when I get home from work, but it seemed pretty straightforward when I looked at it earlier. From what I understand moving servers is currently free but you can only move every 7 days. There is a 'guest' option to go into a world and play there first as well - not sure how that works.
Thanks. I will move my toons when I am back from the office this evening to Henge of Denravi.