It's been a while.. What's everyone up to?

Site Admin
Raf

It's been a while.. What's everyone up to?

Post by Raf »

Just thought I make a new post and see what people are doing/playing/Alive?

They finally invited Beta 1 backers to Camelot Unchained and I tried it a week ago for a bit. It's looking good but still just an alpha and a lot of parts aren't in yet (like real classes aren't in, they have archetypes for testing atm).
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Hey Raf,

It has been a long time. I also have access to CU, but have not actually made the time to download it.

Bloodletter (Rich/Me), Drudery (Stewart) and Midnightpanther (Carlos) are all doing well. Carlos was here for New Years Eve and Stewart is busy with his Badminton (he coaches now) students.

Congratz on publishing Horizon.

How are you doing? What are you up to now?
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Thanks! I am doing all right, running the game studio is quite demanding so it fills most of my hours. We're now working on a new project (game) but have yet to announce it to the public. I expect it will happen later this year.

It's great to hear everyone is doing well. Stewart a Badminton coach.., that's very cool!

I have been trying CU a bit here and there for 15minutes at a time to see their progress but not much more. It's still early development, probably will take them the whole year to get it to feel more like a real game with classes and progression. I'll post major updates and once things are getting fun I'll let you know so we can hopefully play together.
Scout
Darby

Post by Darby »

Hey Raf. Things been pretty crazy for me last year. Moved to Germany, love it here in Berlin. Working as head of software development in a small company that always tries to bite more than it can chew, so a lot of pressure and not much free time, but it's the most interesting job in my life, so no complaints here :) Hopefully things will get less "startupish" soon, so I'll be keeping an eye on this CU thingie and looking forward to play with you guys.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Hey Darby, I remember when we last chatted about your move, glad it's worked out well and congrats on your position! I know how it feels to be a startup, after 4 years we still operate like one ourselves.

CU is looking promising, they have built a nice team and seem to have a good original design, the key will be if they can replicate that RvR atmosphere/dynamic that daoc had and go beyond it. I expect this summer they will officially go Beta 1 (but truthfully more like a stable alpha with a few classes). I think they will need the rest of the year to flesh out the initial classes/races (they won't have them all at launch, which will be a year late if they make it at the end of 2016).
Scout
Darby

Post by Darby »

Thanks, Raf.

Yeah, CU definitely got me interested. I like their approach to create a niche game instead of another attempt to cut a slice of WOW's market. Bet 60 bucks on them, so I'll see you in Beta, I guess :)
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Cool, looking forward to it.
Scout
Dagda

mud

Post by Dagda »

Darby come back and mud :P