renaud intro

Scout
renaud

renaud intro

Post by renaud »

Hey, Im Jon from arctic. I played Dyl, Flora, Fauna, Chupubucabra, Yorbles, Anton, Vaxathrax, Buf, Sharma, Dedalus and probably 20 others that I cant remember.

I dont know most of you directly but I definitely recognize some names.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

Hey Jon,

My name is Robb and I'm a gameaholic.

Oh wait, this isn't a meeting? Um...

o.O

Hi.

I'm an old man - back in the day I was one of the original Wildrunners along with Raf, Bodhi, Sean, et altera. (For all you DAoCers, we speak of http://mud.arctic.org a *gasp* text based game that we wasted lots and lots of our youth on.) During that time I played Daar, Dagda, Brigit and Raabgai. Dagda probably being my most famous character, a paladin back when paladins were warriors with some extra goodies. (Ah, the bashing tandem team of Kanos, Maxx and Dagda; I miss those days).

Lately, I've been playing WoW with increased frustration. Warhammer is new, different and offers player killing that to me is as near as MMOs can get to the excitement of Arctic. Sure you don't lose your gear, but there is so much to gain from it and to me there is a point. (Unlike WoW PvP, which I find stupid and pointless... but I digress).

I'm currently your neighborhood Bright Wizard. I make things go splodey, including myself. Be kind and toss me a heal or two, I promise that it will result in lots of deaths for the evils.

Robb aka Babd
Scout
renaud

Post by renaud »

I recognize the name dagda for sure...

I played daoc for a bit - i forgot what server but between a combination of low system specs and playing chars that were inherently terrible or my propensity to suck (i played nightshade and druid) i eventually gave up.

As far as other mmos Ive tried...UO back back in the day, daoc, shadowbane, l2 (sucks), wow (got bored fast, quit at 56), rappelz (just started playing recently, sucks) and now im here and it seems fun so far. Kind of funny that the only game that really stood the test of time was arctic (which I guess Ive been playing off/on for 10+ years?)
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Welcome Jon. I don't tend to remember much my new characters in Arctic which you might be more familiar with. But I've played Zer/Vasagh/Zaimat/Zerat/Lou/Arabel/arakhel/Zaim among others. In guilds associated as Mystic Harpers/Wild/Wildrunners/Tempest/Weenors.

I played daoc with DragonHeart (Jaylum, Drudge/Drudery/Firepanther/Goodthyme/etc). And we were a small guild but played very competitively for a while. I did not play any other mmo.

So here we are in Warhammer. It's different than daoc, time will tell if RvR will be as good as it was in daoc and if it will keep our interest once we're all 40. But so far so good and I'm enjoying it.

And you guys are a big part.
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Hey Jon,

We have already spent enough time together online - so I am going to spare the introduction.

Healing is not as fun as it was on DAoC. On DAoC, the game was much smoother and I could take pride in timing heals and managing power, but here that is not the case.

I don't have a decent short-cast - just HOTs.

ATM - the game is more about playing with you guys vs. enjoyment of my character. I also have reservations regarding the crafting.

Although, I do like the Auction System and Postal System a lot.

We shall see.

-Rich