arctic

Scout
renaud

arctic

Post by renaud »

for people that dont pay attention you may be interested to learn that Phred(Will) is now hosting arctic
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

what does it mean to Host Artic?

what is the full title of the game, so I can look it up vs. ask a million questions.

Hey Renaud - you still in WAR?
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Arctic is a Dragonlance themed modified DikuMud I used to play. Some still do.

Will (a member of the Wild Guild on Arctic) is hosting the game now, which is pretty cool.

http://mud.arctic.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcticMUD
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
renaud

Post by renaud »

No, I'm not on war anymore. I took a vacation for the holidays, came back and was just totally disinterested in playing. I keep checking the forums and monolith server boards but it seems like nothing has really changed/no reward for endgame that makes it worthwhile.

I'm still keeping my eye out on darkfall which is scheduled to release within a month - they actually have people in beta and there have been leaks so its not just vaporware. I probably will wait a bit from that release since its just european only but if its anything like what it promises to be (old school UO open pvp good times) then I might be back in MMO land.

How is EVE?
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

ah - I will check those Wiki pages. Although I am not interested in playing Artic - is nice to keep informed about MMOs in general.

Eve is good. I am now the CEO of the Corportaion that a friend got me invited to. War broke-out between a Griefer Corp (just like it sounds) and our Care Bear Alliance (just like it sounds). Since many wanted to hide from the conflict, my Corporation broke from the Alliance and is operating independently. I mentioned that I have not veen playing Eve long enough to manage a Corporation, even a small one. But, I got drafted anyways.

So my Corporation is small atm. We have 1 POS (Player Owned Station) which is designed as a research outpost. We do mining (grinding) and missions (Quests). We only have a few active members, who are not Alts from players involved in the War.

Myself
My Friend who recruited me.
Firepanther
Rolph - Some other guy who is hiding from the War.
Fally - Some dude who purchased an advanced account and is still learning
Bilbo - Killer who will be leaving to join the fight.

An old DAoC player might give it a shot, but we shall see (Lilmuss aka Robin)

Otherwise, 3 Alts from the Original Management.

It is nice to get a feel of what is involved in Corporation Management - it is like DAoC Guild Management, after Housing was introduced.

I have switched from Mining (which I understand) to Mission Running. I am almost able to run level 2 Missions (out of a possible Level 5). I just need to increase my standing with Caldari Peace and Order. They I will get a Level 2 agent to work with me.

Still enjoying it. - let me know if you would like a 21 day trial. They don't even require a CC for the trial - just e-mail account.
drudery

Post by drudery »

Hi guys, just thought I jump in and say happy new year (chinese one). Life has not been super busy for me, as I am only taking about 9 units per sem right now. Kid takes up lots of time in addition and I am trying to get back little bit into shape as my health sux. Anyways, Happy New Year!!!

Stew
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Aw Stew - - getting in shape? Say it isn't so.......