NEW MMO: Rift : Open Beta for 6 days (Feb 15) Register NOW!

Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

There is no difference until past 20 between server types. The defiant storyline gets interesting at L6 when you see the rift, im sure guardian is also interesting i'll try both i think.
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

OK - Level 11 1/2 - this is what I got.

You can start playing PVP at level 10 in an Instance Battle Group - Just like Warhammer Online. - Limited to 10 players per side organized in to 2 groups of 5. - Level is 10-19. You get about 1,600 xp for the losing team and 3,000 xp for the winning team - you get xp during the even and it last about 10 minutes on average. There is Silver to be gotten from kills along with decent loot.

Role from your trainer - you can purchase a Role for 30g. - You start with your original Role - which is your current spec - your 2nd role is like a Respec, but does not destroy your 1 spec. - this allows you to have completely different Specs for your 3 Soles and you can switch back and forth between them.

I am guessing a PvE Spec and RvR spec would be most common.

Didn't realize you purchased skill upgrades from your training - didn't see it until level 9 - does not cost much and helped a lot - could not figure why my skeleton pet was getting creamed so easy, but makes sense now.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Good info! I got my bard/bladedancer to 10 last night. Will give waterfronts a try tonight.

Up to L10 feels very similar to Warhammer, and the rifts/invasions just like the Public Quests but more dynamic/random. The immersion factor is total chaos/war all around very much like warhammer if not more.
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

With Limited to no communications and the inability to form your own groups (as far as I know, but you know that I don't look very deep when I do look in to something). the Instance RvR is pure Chaos.

Not saying it is not entertaining, but a little bit of organization would be nice.

I can see how a good healer would be a huge benefit. Reminds me of the days of Luyce exiting the tower while Jaylum heals from within. 10 Mids Outside - Luyce Exits - Jaylum Heals - 3 Mids Die - Luyce strolls back in to the tower.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

ok more info:

I went to Meridian (Headquarters of the Defiant) or go to Sanctum on Guardians side to create your own guild or buy mounts..

You can buy mounts from the mount vendor inside the courtyard.. Cheapest will cost you 2.5 plats

To setup your guild you will need 1 plat and 5 party members.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Bloodletter wrote:I can see how a good healer would be a huge benefit. Reminds me of the days of Luyce exiting the tower while Jaylum heals from within. 10 Mids Outside - Luyce Exits - Jaylum Heals - 3 Mids Die - Luyce strolls back in to the tower.
Those were the days! Let's see how well my bard works with warlock combo. I can heal a decent amount and buff you and melee, a jack of all trades but master of none.

Probably a good idea to get to 20 or so, i also found out you can reset at your trainer your soul specs but haven't found a way to choose other souls.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

I keep building new characters.

Made a Bard/Ranger/Marksman tonight. Really not sure why I chose marksman I really just use the Bard and Ranger, the bard for damage, buffs, and heals for the pet the ranger for the pet. I imagine it will rock in instances with cadence healing for so damn much and it seems to do good damage too.
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

The bard really sold it for me. I pre-ordered.
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

OK - Level 12 update

Problem with the Instance RVR - it appears most of the players don't realize that they are suppose to want to pickup the Idol Item. Maybe I just got saddled with a lame group . . . 20 times . . . in a row.

Also - Favor Points are Bounty Points - they are used to purchase RvR type Items from a merchant. The items are level 25+ - so I have not seen them. The Merchant is in a town that I have not been to yet.

Don't care much for the Necro - the pet is to slow and does not do enough damage.

Pyro - is OK, but spells are slow and overall the class is limited in scope.

Warlock - Lots of options and I enjoy em a lot.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Dagda wrote:Made a Bard/Ranger/Marksman tonight. Really not sure why I chose marksman I really just use the Bard and Ranger, the bard for damage, buffs, and heals for the pet the ranger for the pet. I imagine it will rock in instances with cadence healing for so damn much and it seems to do good damage too.
Yeah bards are great and unique, I switched from bladedancer to assassin for stealth but need a few more levels. I find I mostly use cadence and coda of wrath in combat My Build at level 11

I think it's definately one of the best classes to have in a group as a must. I finally got the 15% group movement speed buff that's nice too, not sure how high it can be boosted. Would have been nice if it could reach mount speeds (highest mount I saw can give 110% speed).
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

It looks like the highest you can buff Anthem of Competence is up to 20% speed, but that you can eventually do it in combat. So they are not really an EQ bard, but still pretty useful. The group heals look quite badass, and I think that's what I'm keying towards for sure. I'll probably do Bard/Riftstalker/Bladedancer and have my secondary role be geared towards tanking.

Although for soloing having the Ranger in there is quite nice. We'll see. Bard/Riftstalker/Ranger maybe?
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Well I got my guy to 14, there was some big invasion/tons of rifts and got a ton of xp from that.
Plus in capital city there are quests you can get for warfronts, very nice xp (from Warfront Battlemaster and another guy in same are)..

In Capital city if you haven't been to yet, you can find shops/auction/bank and quests to get your 4th+ souls (Have to be 13-14 to get the quests from the class mobs, each quest rewards you with the specific soul, but can only have one of the quests at a time).

Also the PvP soul which you get at 2500 prestige. So basically I think you can get all 8 souls in your class and mix and match as you prefer with up to 4 roles.

I am working to get Riftstalker (have bard/bladedancer/assassin so far). I've heard Riftstalker allows you to main tank as a rogue, lots of absorption.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Oh and in the city you can get Soul recall (bind/recall ability)
Scout
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

Well the servers are now down. I'll be playing in the head start, most likely a bard/ranger/something else loving the solo ability of that class as well as the group viability.
Site Admin
Raf

20% off today

Post by Raf »

Just found out you can get 20% off today if you pre-order Rift, 1st month (+headstart) is included.

http://www.direct2drive.com/10104/produ ... n-Download
If you order from D2D online - use promo code: hailtothechief