Yo

Scout
renaud

Yo

Post by renaud »

Long time no talk - been busy with school and now I find myself with some extra time so looking into if you guys doing anything? How is/was rift? Just checked out some links and it looks pretty interesting. Still playing? If not, why? Anything else on horizon?
Scout
renaud

Post by renaud »

also - anyone try mortal? seems really interesting.
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Hey Renaud,

I have not tried anything new - just screwing around on a few game. Been busy myself and it is still busy.

Kinda sucks how the playtime goes down as you get older.

Last I heard, Raf was playing a MUDD - but there has been little convo here. Although I do check in often.

Sorry I don't have anything interesting to report - Playing EVE Online still, and I don't consider that interesting news.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

I haven't been playing anything since Rift (just the initial month since I had bought the game). Just work and more work.

I still get the twitch to play and lately more so been missing the good ol'times... Don't know about you guys.

I'm mostly looking at SWTOR (Star Wars) which is coming out right before Christmas (12.20.2011). It's going to be the most hyped big-budget mmo since Warhammer Online. I signed up but haven't pre-ordered yet, if i get in the beta I'll let you guys know. It might be a good opportunity to rally the troops if there is interest in the theme.

There is this other game which is the first 3 faction RvR game since DAoC that looks somewhat promising but it's also sci-fi based. I am keeping an eye on. LINK

I heard Star Trek Online is transitioning into "free to play" micro-transaction based... Not sure if anyone really cares though, don't know if they made the game worthwhile.

And lastly I still check Arctic forums time to time.

I'll try to post more often, especially about SWTOR if i get juicy details on it.
Harper of no small water - Clan Wild - DragonHeart
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

I purchased Star Trek ONline and didn't even play the 1st month that was included.

The game is just poor - in so many ways.

I might be interested in another 3 faction game and I don't mind if it is SiFi - - I like that theme.

keep us posted about Star Wars - although I doubt it will be much fun either. To hard to make a fun game when you are trapped in to a specific roleplay that is not designed to be a game from the start.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

SWTOR:
The Star Wars Classes are described here, 4 classes per side and each class has 2 sub-types called specializations.

SWTOR Alderaan PvP Warzone Beta
Sith Sorcerer PvP Beta

There are more videos on youtube if you search swtor

DAOC 10 Year anniversary:
DAoC Producer video message on 10th anniversary
Matt Firor blog about 10th anniversary
Scout
troggs

Yay, Arctic still exists?

Post by troggs »

Raf wrote:And lastly I still check Arctic forums time to time.
Didn't expect it to last THIS long! Looking back, that was probably some of the best gaming fun (and worst probably too... running ancient all night on every repop for the shield... yuck!)...
I will check their forums too, may be somebody familiar is still playing it.

Troggs.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Hey Troggs:

Yes, some great memories. I don't think anyone is playing now although I haven't checked IRC in months. Probably not until it wipes again, my guess is not before Christmas.

On a different note, Mythic has a new warhammer game in beta.. It's called Wrath Of Heroes
supposed to be 3-way (daoc style) large battlegrounds. There is no leveling/grinding MMO style, it's Arena combat PvP. Might turn out to be fun we shall see.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Yay! Got a weekend beta invite to test out the Star Wars MMO (SWTOR). Downloading 20GB client.
Scout
Bloodletter

Post by Bloodletter »

Sweet - - let us know how it goes.
Scout
Darby

Post by Darby »

Hello there! Got a preorder for SWTOR, so I hope to play alongside you guys sometime soon.
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

Hey Darby, it's great to hear from you!

It would be great to play together again since our stint in Warhammer. Expectations are pretty high on SWTOR, going to get a better feel this weekend..
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

DC Universe Online is now Free to play on PC or PS3. If you wanted to give it a try.. LINK
Scout
Darby

Post by Darby »

Downloading the SWTOR client right now :)
Site Admin
Raf

Post by Raf »

I am also patching here 12 GB for the next beta session.